Hi Joe,

> Do we also need the chan name?  I tried PicoLisp

I didn't create a "chan" (Decentralized Mailing List), as this involves
possible spam issues. Just a plain mailing list as described in

   https://bitmessage.org/wiki/Mailing_List

As I understand it, you can simply send messages to the given address.

> I tried joining and the Bitmessage client says "Although the Bitmessage
> address you entered was valid, it doesn't match the chan name."

I think you can simply add the address to the "Subscriptions" tab in the
client. Then you should receive all posted messages as broadcasts.

♪♫