Hi Tamas,

> why is it important to have an encrypted communication channel for
> this mailing list purpose?
> (im all for encrypted communication, btw, just curious)

Right. Not important at all :)

I just think it is good in general to get that medium up and running,
and to use it practically. In the long range I see it as a potential
replacement for Twitter.

One reason where it makes sense in a mailing list is anonymity. Not
essential for this PicoLisp list, I presume, but it might be for more
political lists. You can post messages anonymously, but still spam can
be blocked based on addresses (that's why using a "chan", where all
members share the private keys, is probably not a good idea for this
public list).