On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 09:57:13PM +0700, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> So by (735580 53948) you mean a +Ref +List? Is it possible to get a range
> by way of collect with that setup?

No, not a +Ref +List. As I propoesed on Feb 08

   (rel d (+Aux +Ref +Date) (t)) # Date
   (rel t (+Time))               # Time

or

   (rel ts (+Ref +Bag) ((+Date)) ((+Time)))  # Timestamp

In both cases, the index key will be (<date> <time>). You can use
(collect ..) or Piloq queries.

> I tested with two separate relations, ie one +Ref +Time and one +Ref +Date,
> the database file ended up the same size.

The file size for the entities themselves will probably stay the same,
as usually the block size is sufficiently big.

But the index tree should need fewer blocks (as more entries go into
each block). The PicoLisp B-Trees don't use a fixed number of entries
per block, but fill up each block until it is full and thus needs to be
split.

♪♫ Alex