The index file is 1.3GB in the +Bag case, 2GB in the +String case, doesn't
seem like a big deal to me given that the main entity file ends up being
32GB.

Now I haven't checked, but due to the relative size of the files the range
query might be comparably faster but in my case a tenth of a second here
and there won't matter.