Hi Alex

Thanks for your prompt reply...I am adding my replies inline..

Srini

________________________________

Thanks, this was good to know, as I was then able to find some Lisp sites with
additional documentation/examples on these functions.

> In general, all functions in the "Only CAR" column above can be replaced
> by the "Whole list" functions if the argument function takes car of
> applying 'car' to the argument list.

Another difference is that the mapcon and mapcan functions must supply a
function that returns a list, while the others can supply a function that
returns an atom?

> I hope this clears things up a little.
Yes, thanks again..