Hi all,

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 01:29:04PM +0700, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> To sum up some IRC communication, it's not the parent id that gets
> told, it's a sibling PID.
>
> I will be back with more when the problem arises again.

After further discussion in IRC, Henrik pointed me to the fact that
'tell' failed whenever a PID was greater than 65535.

So: Sorry, my fault! I wrongly assumed that PIDs fit always into 16 bits
in Unix. This is far from true. On large machines this limit may be well
exceeded.

Fortunately, this assumption was made only in the internal packaging of
'tell' messages. All other places where a PID is handled in PicoLisp, it
has the full integer size.

I've fixed it now for pil64. I do not want to fix it for pil32, because
it is (1) more difficult and error-prone in C than in assembly, and (2)
because I believe that on 32-bit machines a 16-bit PID will always be
sufficient.

I've uploaded a new picoLisp.tgz to the download site. After more tests
by Henrik I'll check it into the repo.