On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
>> Is there somewhere some info about "" being NIL?
>    http://software-lab.de/doc/ref.html#nilSym
>    http://software-lab.de/doc/ref.html#nilSym-io

Thanks. I knew about this links, I just wanted to know why.

>> The language I'm trying to embed in PicoLisp would love to have
>> "" and NIL different !
>
> Why? I believe this is a wonderful feature! A lot of PicoLisp's
> expressive power is a result of this universality of NIL.

This kind of answers my question !
I understand this being a power, a kind of polymorphism, like
in Python where the boolean value of "", [],… is False.
But in the language I design, I'd like to have separate values
for "" and NIL. In fact, NIL doesn't exists at all!

I'm afraid this is a big problem for me.
Maybe I'll try with a special symbol…

chri

--

http://profgra.org/lycee/ (site pro)