After a little discussion on IRC, Alex decided to change the doc/refC.html so
that the two lines (43, 44) in doc/rlook.html were no longer needed. Now (doc
'caar), (doc 'cadr) and friends will also work. (doc 'NIL), however, was
considered not interesting enough to bother with. I can agree.
On 3. okt. 2014, at 13:35, Jon Kleiser <jon.klei...@fsat.no> wrote:
> In August, Christophe pointed at some problems with looking up functions like
> 'caar' and 'cadr' in the docs.
> I fixed the problem in doc/rlook.html by adding a couple of lines (43, 44).
> Now I see there are similar problems when doing (doc 'caar) and (doc 'cadr),
> and also (doc 'NIL).
> In rlook.html, lookup on variants of 'caar' points you to doc/refC.html#cXr,
> and lookup on NIL points to doc/ref.html#nilSym. It shouldn’t be too hard to
> achieve the same for the (doc 'sym) function.
> I also had to try (doc 'sym), e.g. (doc 'doc), in ersatz, but there I got
> 0:38: execution error: Bad name for file. some object (-37)
> I’m not sure what it takes to fix that.
> The reason why (doc 'sym) works at all on my Mac (I was surprised it still
> did), is that an environment variable BROWSER is set to "openurl.sh" (without
> the quotes), and I have a file ~/script/openurl.sh containing this:
> osascript -e "open location \"$1\""