Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> writes:

Hi Alex,

uhh ... bad timing from my side, writing more confused question while
you are actually answering them at the same time...

> Either
>    : (let X (+ 2 3) (list 3 4 X))  # I would prefer a simple 'list'
>    -> (3 4 5)
>
> or
>    : (let X (+ 2 3) (fill (3 4 X) 'X))  # Rick tried 'fill' too
>    -> (3 4 5)
>
> or
>
>    : (let @X (+ 2 3) (fill (3 4 @X)))
>    -> (3 4 5)
>
> or whatever function you like to build the list.
>

> Note that also in CL and Emacs the backquote function builds a list at
> *runtime*, just like 'list' or 'fill' do.

I have to try fill, and think more about the whole issue, but the last
version with @X looks pretty close to what I'm looking for.

Again, thanks for the explanations (and patience)!

--
cheers,
Thorsten