Hi Lawrence,

I had to add the org header argument
:results output
to show the printed output of the org block

So, this is - all in one src block - as it worked for me:

#+BEGIN_SRC picolisp  :results output
(de hello-one-arg2 (x)
   (prinl "Hello World again" x))

(hello-one-arg2 "me")

#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: Hello World againme

For splitting definition and call one can use org header argument :session <nameStringOfSession>

#+BEGIN_SRC picolisp  :results output :session ses01
(de hello-one-arg2 (x)
(prinl "Hello World again " x)) # <== space added for splitting words
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: # hello-one-arg2 redefined

#+BEGIN_SRC picolisp  :results output :session ses01
(hello-one-arg2 "me")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: Hello World again me # <== result with space between words

If I change the sessionNameString, I get the expected error because of missing definition in the session called ses02

#+BEGIN_SRC picolisp  :results output :session ses02
(hello-one-arg2 "me")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: (hello-one-arg2 "me")
: hello-one-arg2 -- Undefined

Does these examples behave similar on your environment?

Regards, Olaf