On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 11:40 PM, Rick Hanson <cryptor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I admit that I didn't watch the video;

You should ! The guy is funny.
Alternatively you can read a page where I translate every step to PicoLisp:
http://galerie.microalg.info/profgra:tests:y_combinator
with live code samples (runnable and tweakable ones).

> so I don't know why `code` is
> even needed, considering that the following expression (which is your
> original expression but without `code` parts) gives you what you want
> anyway.

This little program is just a step in a transformation that exhibits the Y
combinator. «code» is meant to be bound to this code:
'((partial) (list '(n) (list 'if '(=0 n) 1 (list '* 'n (list partial
so we can replace this last line only with «code» in the program.

chri

--

http://profgra.org/lycee/ (site pro)
http://delicious.com/profgraorg (liens, favoris)