Declarations: I have now experience in actually using any graph databases.

One could simply store the pilog declarations as lists or symbols in the DB, as
I understand it, this is what Regenaxer did in the mentioned case.

The other way would be to model the data as pil DB schema, as Joh-Tob mentioned.

In fact the relations (to be exact: the field values, which store the relation)
in picolisp DB are also objects!

See @lib/db.l for the implementation of +Link.

I guess one could easily use pilDB as a graph database, simply by creating
additional prefix classes to give +Link additional type information (type of
the edge, e.g. +Be +Loves +Has +Likes), could also be a prefix class which
stores an additional numeric cost value (e.g. distance, to model "travel
distance/cost" to a +Link'ed object). +Link would be a directed connection A ->
B, while modeling a bidirectional connection could be done by using +Joint.
Add the prefix class +Ref to the mix, then your edges are automatically indexed.

I would not recommend this as a project for pilDB novices, first build
something simpler to learn how the DB works and is to be used.

Greetings, beneroth