Hi
I'm used to sprinkling print statements in my code as a way of tracking
down bugs but they seem to be affecting my code more than I was expecting.
I've also realised I'm never quite sure when and when I shouldn't precede a
symbol with a quote e.g. as a function argument in a (debug 'Symbol)
statement and wonder if there are some very simple rules of thumb.

Thank you in anticipation and best regards
Dean

(setq Lmnu
    '(mAin_mnu-some_fn
      (Settings
         Epic-set_epic
         Yr-set_yr
         Stmnt-set_stmnt
         Pg-set_pg
      )
      (Pdfs
         All-all_pdfs_to_xmls
         Epic-epic_pdfs_to_xmls
      )
      (Vlus_to_single_vlu
          All-all_pdfs_vlus_to_single_vlu
          Epic-epic_pdfs_vlus_to_single_vlu
      )
    )
)

(de lmnu_to_mnu_tbl (Lmnu Lkey)
   (for Ele Lmnu
        (
            if (== (car Ele) NIL)
            (
               #(prinl "ok1 Ele is " (str Ele))                        #
<--------------------HEEEEEEEEERE
               (setq Optn_fn_pair (split (chop Ele) '-))
               #the setq line above gives error...
               #!? ("s" "o" "m" "e" "_" "f" "n")
               #"s" -- Undefined
               #if I comment out the prinl line above... but not if it's in
            )
            (
               printsp Ele 'is 'a 'list
            )
         )
   )
)

(debug 'lmnu_to_mnu_tbl)
#To run...I'm now entering this line in the top level
#(lmnu_to_mnu_tbl Lmnu ())