Hi Andreas
Your advice has helped to clarify a number of things for me particularly my
understanding of symbols, strings and what lists actually are and how
they're evaluated, depending on whether the first element is an fexpr or
not. Although I saw what 'if' was doing I hadn't appreciated that it was a
fexpr, selectively evaluating the arguments following it. That's great and
I'll continue to try and build the first part of my app with all of that in
mind.

Christophe
I used Tcl a while back mainly for Tk and as a vehicle to use SQLite but do
see the parallels you are drawing and yes they are helpful.

I'm very grateful to both of you...Thank you and have a good rest of the
weekend.
Best Regards
Dean