Having thought about this I was intending to use the SAME list variable to
represent multiple property keys i.e. as I type keys (to traverse a menu
tree) I was hoping to use the key "trail" at any point (stored as a list)
as a unique key.

Having now realised what == means...it looks like pointer equivalence rules
this approach out and I'm just wondering if there is a way around this...

Any thoughts much appreciated
Best Regards
Dean