>Sorry, that was too cryptic :)
No...it was fine thanks to the last example in your documentation and
mention of multiple lists.
I wasn't sure about anonymous functions and wrote a named function so
showing how to do anonymous ones is very helpful. The next stage is to find
the first (and hopefully ONLY) capital letter in a name and I used pick +
anonymous function to do that too.

: (setq LstA (chop 'dOg))
: (pick '((Ch) (and (= Ch (uppc Ch)) Ch)) LstA)
-> "O"

but wonder if there's a slicker way?
Thank you for your help and best regards
Dean