Thanks for your comments and insights, Jakob.
I just want to shortly assure you that I really liked your emails and your
participation.
I didn't answer/comment further due lack of time.

Because of recent events (2017-03-01) I want to come back to this part:
> Yes, but Google Code was no Github.  Github is the singularity of
> open source development. (As much as I dislike FB but hear me out...)

Sidenote:
Before GitHub, sourceforge.net was the singular main hoster for FOSS sourcecode.
They lost their status when they bundled the downloads with adware (and
malware).

Always the same story:
Nice little StartUp offers a comfortable, gratis service. Everyone starts using
it.
Then either the StartUp fails and the service gets shut down,
or it gets sold to investors who want to see more profit with every year.
Then the terms of service get worse, the prices go up, etc., e.g. see BitKeeper
vs. Linux (the reason we have git now).

GitHub:
On 2017-03-01 GitHub introduced new Terms of Service (which you automatically
accept by continueing to use their service)
which demands from uploaders to grant GitHub a license. This is legal
self-defense for GitHub, not unusual or bad in itself,
but they further specifiy this license, which e.g. includes the uploader to
waive any and all attribution rights.

Basically, when uploading FOSS-licensed content to GitHub, the uploader
automatically grants GitHub a special license, so actually a case of
dual-licensing.
The problem now is, that when the content is copyrighted by other authors
beside the uploader,
then the uploader cannot (in usual cases) actually grant this license legally
to GitHub, as most FOSS-licenses forbid sublicensing and/or removal of the
original attributions.

Some projects already moved away from GitHub because of this.

https://www.mirbsd.org/permalinks/wlog-10_e20170301-tg.htm
http://joeyh.name/blog/entry/removing_everything_from_github/

I don't believe GitHub will take big damage because of this, especially as
there is no serious contender on the rise.
But it's surely a sign that GitHub is not a singularity from the usual
development of such things.
It's not an idealistic group of nerds anymore, but a big company (e.g. lookup
the "github meritocracy" drama).

For the other points mentioned by you and others about picolisp:
Just do it. PicoLisp is MIT-licensed. Action speaks louder than words.

As Lindsay wrote:
> What would be great is to see more of an ecosystem built around the
> picolisp core. Build something awesome with picolisp, document it and share
> it with the world.

This!
I'm on it.

/beneroth