Morning Chris -
  Upon reflection, my picolisp install is via apt, but that is just
  a side note.

  I took the files from tarfile that you pointed me to, added your
  inferior mode and placed them under ~/.emacs.d

  A brief inspections - which is all I have time for now - shows
  that *.l files are loaded without error and syntax highlight shows
  as well as the REPL.

  That's more than I could say for either the elpa install or the
  one provided by the ubuntu install.

  I appreciate the help.

  What others are using for an editor/IDE?

  Thanks again, Chris
  - tj -
* Christopher Howard <christopher.how...@qlfiles.net> [170405 17:24]: