Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> writes:

Hi Tim,

> I note that my emacs (25.1.1 on ubuntu) will install and provide
> 'picolisp-mode as an elpa package.

I'm not the author of this mode, but I somehow took over maintainership
(more or less) and did some contributions to the mode (in my github repo
tj64: https://github.com/tj64/picolisp-mode).

But I have no idea who added this as an elpa package (elpa or melpa?)

> In addition, my installation of picolisp has at :
> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/picolisp
> tsm.el, inferior-picolisp.el, and picolisp.el (providing mode
> 'picolisp)
>
> I'd welcome opinions as to which I should use.

I think only diffing the various versions can help to find out, which
one is the newest. IIRC Alex simply added new versions of the mode to
the picolisp distribution, when I sent them to him once in a while. But
for a long time, I did not touch these libraries anymore.

--
cheers,
Thorsten