Hi Denis,

> So, if miniPicolisp should be a "real" project, would sub? (and any other
> "missing" functions) be available in it sooner or later? pre? is available, so
> is there any reason why sub? and hash are not found? I might try it myself,
> but

I think the reason is the bit-packed format of the string representation in
miniPicoLisp. This makes it quite tedious to scan the bytes for a substring.

> it would take the time of my understanding of the source code ;-)

Perhaps this is not necessary so much. It is quite straightforward, for example,
to build 'sub?' in Lisp:

   (de sub? (A Str)
      (setq A (chop A))
      (and
         (seek '((L) (head A L)) (chop Str))
         Str ) )

> Has the RAM/ROM trick an impact on performance when miniPicolisp is used on a
> regular computer (for command line application or embedded in a larger
> application?)

No, it might even be an advantage, as it should start up slightly faster. In
reality, the difference is not noticeable though.