Naming Conventions: https://software-lab.de/doc/ref.html#conv

/beneroth

Am 2018-05-28 16:54, schrieb Arie van Wingerden:
​Hi Olaf,

I do like your https://picolisp.com/wiki/?pcedefunction [1] wiki
page very much!

​Thx. You're welcome :)

For me, it does show the subtleties of the topic in a very clear and
comprehensible way (even reproducible).

​Nice. Reproducability is a thing I really want. Examples that don't
work straight away are often useless.​

Just to distinguish 'x' from 'x' (see *1 below), would you mind, if
I would replace all 'x' function names by 'foo' on your fine
article?

​Of course. I even missed the duplication of 'x'. I'll go for foo,
baar, baz etc.​

And just to follow the picolisp convention, to uppercase the
function Parameter Variables?

​Didn't know the convention, but will change that :)​

Second, a comment concerning the conclusion:
'very uninteresting function' ... it looks like, that these words
are spoken by 'the master' :-) himself,
but may be in some context, which is not seen within this quotation.
(Otherwise I would miss a lot of ratings for other functions in the
docs :-)  ).

​Alex quoted that in a response. He later weakened the word
"uninteresting"​ a bit.
I kept it, because it was funny somehow.
But, point taken. I just removed it!

Sth. like 'de is equivalent to'  followed by the setq examples would
sound less judgmental and the decision what to use is left to the
reader/user.

​OK.

By the way, I did not try, because always used 'de' instead of
'setq' for function definitions,
but may be 'setq' in combination with the different function
parameter possibilities (see *2 below) becomes less
readable/distinguishable?

​I've now added a "final notice" on the difference between 'normal'
functions and 'fexprs'.​

I really enjoy reading your article, as it summarizes in a clear,
comprehensible way all the little facts and differences, which make
picolisp so unique.
Thank you very much!

​Thx. again. I intend to continue.
Currently I am busy consolidating stuff from other websites in the
Wiki (e.g. PLEAC).
After that I hope to continue the other (new) stuff.​

As I did change things now, please check the page for errors left
over!

Thx. for the 'to the point' critique. I highly value that. It really
is a way to learn!

/Arie

Links:
------