Hi Alex,

agreed.

It was a bit of a hassle to find a nice example, but I came up with this:

   # The following example calls the native Linux function 'getenv'
   # in order to fetch the hostname from it (env variable = NAME).
   # Then it reads user input (a guess for the hostname).
   # Then it shows if it is a Soundex match or not!

   : (let (InHostname (clip (in NIL (line T))) InHostnameSoundex (soundex
InHostname))
      (println "InHostname:" InHostname " InHostnameSoundex:"
InHostnameSoundex)
      (when (native "@" "getenv" 'S "NAME")
         (let (EnvHostname @ EnvHostnameSoundex (soundex EnvHostname))
            (if (= InHostnameSoundex EnvHostnameSoundex)
               (println "MATCH!!!: EnvHostname:" EnvHostname
"EnvHostnameSoundex:" EnvHostnameSoundex)
               (println "NO MATCH: EnvHostname:" EnvHostname
"EnvHostnameSoundex:" EnvHostnameSoundex)))))
   hp-erie
   "InHostname:" "hp-erie" " InHostnameSoundex:" "H160"
   "MATCH!!!: EnvHostname:" "HP-Arie" "EnvHostnameSoundex:" "H160"
   -> "H160"

Hope that is a sufficient example.

Best
   Arie