> but this can't be made to work in a Common Lisp--or can it and I'm just not
> doing it right? As I understand it, you have a different sort of quote than
> CL, correct?

You can't write a lambda expression like that in Common Lisp, but as far as I
know the quote function is the same. I guess it seems slightly different:

Picolisp:

: (quote (X Y) (+ X Y))
-> ((X Y) (+ X Y))

To get the same result in Common Lisp you have to use an extra set of parens:

* (quote ((X Y) (+ X Y)))
((X Y) (+ X Y))

Otherwise you get a wrong number of arguments error.

> (quote . any) -> any
> Returns any unevaluated....
>
> What does the dotted cons notation mean?

I think the key take away of this for me is that EVERYTHING in PicoLisp is made
out of cells. So you can express a type this way, any cell with quote in its
car will return the entire cdr of the cell no matter what it is.