Though - for some folks - it might make things simpler, i am no friend of
Docker.

What the Docker founder is saying about Docker now:

Solomon Hykes
@solomonstre
<https://mobile.twitter.com/solomonstre>
·
27. März 2019
<https://mobile.twitter.com/solomonstre/status/1111004913222324225>
If WASM+WASI existed in 2008, we wouldn't have needed to created Docker.
That's how important it is. Webassembly on the server is the future of
computing. A standardized system interface was the missing link. Let's hope
WASI is up to the task!

Source: https://twitter.com/solomonstre/status/1111004913222324225

Picolisp compiles perfectly fine with emcc Emscripten C/C++ compiler and
runs perfectly in (server side) Webassembly containers. It's completely
replacing any Docker/Hyper-V/VMware/Amazon AWS Lambda solution.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/WebAssembly/C_to_wasm

And when you look deeper into Webassembly, you will notice, that - in
itself - it's a Lisp, very much like Picolisp.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/WebAssembly/Understanding_the_text_format

Lisp now rules the world. And Linux has won! ;-)

Have fun!

Guido Stepken