I should alsohave made more clear that on my host
it the core dump occurs when trying to print out this
pair of routes, printed by the trailing '+' debugging enabled run :

192.168.42.1/32         ppp0                    0.0.0.0                 UP,HO
                0       {       prefsrc:192.168.42.10   protocol:kernel
scope:link      type:unicast    }
192.168.42.1/32         ppp0                    0.0.0.0                 UP,HO
                50      {       }

These are created by libreSwan for my VPN. WHY it creates
2 routes with identical 'keys' ('dst' fields) I do not know , but
this is definitely part of the problem -- the code has previously called
   (idx 'tri, (list "192.168.42.1/32" (list $attrList1 ...)) T)
..(idx 'tri, (list "192.168.42.1/32" (list $attrList2 ...)) T)
(ie. it is asking 'idx' to store 2 nodes with same key and
 different contents).
Is this allowed ? The documentation suggests so IMHO.
Then, if so, there does appear to be a problem with interaction
of 'idx' and the '+' debugging mode that results in this coredump
&| the coredump causing problem not being detected.

Best Regards,
Jason