De: sebastien.tric...@gmail.com [mailto:sebastien.tric...@gmail.com] En nombre
de Sebastien Tricaud
Enviado el: Monday, February 16, 2009 7:27 PM
Para: Rafael Torrales Levaggi
CC: picviz@wallinfire.net
Asunto: Re: [Picviz] Clean install, recomended distro?

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM, Rafael Torrales Levaggi
<rtorra...@novared.cl> wrote:
> Hi.

Hello Rafael,

> Im a new fan of PicViz, I have installed a part of it in clean debian
> installation with some compilation problems, after I tried different
> methods, and after a few headaches the basic part works.

Can you tell us the problems encountered? so that we can ease stuff.

> I have used the basic usage, with fast results, like a very graphic
> Conficker behavior in a network, but I want some more.

I want that. Can you share the data and/or the picture? what output
did you use? svg, png? I am trying to set a repo of generated
pictures.

> I want it to make jpg files, and the GUI sounds attractive. So, Im
> curious about in what distros it runs well, without ANY compilation
> problem.

The award distro today is Mandriva, where there do a great job
maintaining as close as upstream releases possible. So well that you
don't even need to compile. Fedora has the previous (0.4) version that
is good for png output.

Can you share here your compilations problems so that we can help you?

Thanks you,
Sebastien.