Hello Ali,

> > is there a way to set a filter on the file viewer? I would like to add a
> > filter to hide all latex compilation related files.
> You can set a regular expression to hide files in
> prefernces/filemanager/. If you meant programmatically, there was talk
> of the file manager service providing a feature that other services can
> register as providing. If it's not implemented already it would be
> reasonably easy.

Yes it's possible by implementing a feature. Do you think it's a good
idea to do so in the pdftex preview plugin? In my opinion its ok for the
version control plugin to do so, but if every plugin designed for a
special programming language does, there might be the case that a user
wants to hide some files but some others not.

Anyway, I think it would be a good idea to advance the show/hide button
in the file manager with a popdown menu so that the user can show/hide
sets of files. There would be options like "python compiles", "version
control", "latex compiles", etc. The menu can also be extended by
implementing a feature. There should also be a custom entry which
replaces the preference option because I think a preference option is
not user friendly (ok, there is the point that such an entry cannot be
system but only project wide). What do you think about it?

Best wishes,

Tobias