Hello,

Le vendredi 28 mars 2008 à 13:06 -0700, Zdenek Sekera a écrit :
> I followed the instructions, using
>
> First, what should I do if I want to install it soemwhere in my area,
> not\
> in the system space (not under root), is there something like --prefix
> to set my own install area?

After having built the program like you are trying, you can use the
optional --prefix flag this way:

python setup.py install --prefix=your_path_to_pida

This is the standard behaviour of a setup.py script. If you install Pida
somewhere out of your PATH and PYTHONPATH values, I suggest you should
write a script like this:

#!/bin/sh
export PYTHONPATH=you_path_to_pida/lib/python2.4/site-packages
your_path_to_pida/bin/pida $*

I always install Pida this way.

> /bin/sh: pygtk-codegen-2.0: command not found

As Tobias said, you need another package. On debian Lenny,
pygtk-codegen-2.0 is part of python-gtk2-dev. I don't know about Fedora.

--
David