On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:00 PM, RonnyPfannschmidt <
ronny.pfannschm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 7:30 pm, Tim Flink <t...@tirfa.com> wrote:
> > > hi,
> >
> > > i like the ideas behindhttp://librelist.com/
> > > the pocoo guys just started to use it for zine
> > > i want to use it for pida/anyvc
> >
> > > so please discuss.
> >
> > I took a look at the public archives (rest-client was the first one I
> > found that had emails) and my question is whether or not they censor
> > email addresses in those archives. It doesn't look like it and I would
> > guess not as that would go against the idea of a completely open
> > mailing list. As much as I like some of the the ideas behind it, I'm
> > not a huge fan of having my email address scraped by spam bots.
>
> no idea, i'll ask zed later

Hmmm. It looks to me that the email header of emails is actually scrapped,
but not emails in the body of the email. Some people like to put their email
in their signature block, or use their email address as their sender
address. These are the addresses I see showing up currently.

I do agree that it's a problem if uncensored emails get through in email
bodies, though. But that can be more easily worked around than if you
display headers with sender addresses in plain text.

I'm a little disappointed by the archive interface available on librelist,
but that's nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of Django coding and elbow
grease :-)

<snip>

> > Tim
> >
> > > -- Ronny