Question #42611 on Pidgin changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pidgin/+question/42611

richwjones requested for more information:
I propose that this is a necessary feature and that file-system level
encryption is not a satisfactory solution.

The reason beings what we can call "girlfriend-proofing," , although it
would certainly apply in other cases as well.

The times I am worried about people looking at my logs aren't when my
computer is being forensically analyzed, but rather when I am simply AFK
for a moment and certain nosy female people are looking at my computer.
I'm already logged in, so running in a non-encrypted environment, and I
can't lock the computer every time I walk away from the computer without
starting a fight. But still, I don't want to be snooped on.

So, encrypted logging is the only solution.

It seems the implementation is simple enough. Pidginlogger has its own
RSA keypair, and the private key is password protected. The logs are
freely written using the public key, but only I can control the private
key to decrypt them.

And there you have it. Simple enough, and I think this is a really,
really mission critical feature to be added.

Thoughts?

Pidgin Rocks, which is an answer contact for Pidgin.