New question #83770 on Pidgin:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pidgin/+question/83770

Hi!

Am trying to code a plugin for Pidgin and am following instructions from the
pidgin website : http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/CHowTo/BasicPluginHowto which
told me to do a "apt-get build-dep pidgin" but I can't seem to get all
dependencies on further look up I found this:

sin...@sindhu-eee:~$ sudo apt-get build-dep pidgin -o
Debug::pkgProblemResolver=true
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Starting
Starting 2
Investigating libstartup-notification0-dev
Package libstartup-notification0-dev has broken dep on libstartup-notification0
  Considering libstartup-notification0 135 as a solution to
libstartup-notification0-dev 9999
Investigating libsoup2.4-dev
Package libsoup2.4-dev has broken dep on libsoup2.4-1
  Considering libsoup2.4-1 89 as a solution to libsoup2.4-dev 2
  Holding Back libsoup2.4-dev rather than change libsoup2.4-1
Investigating libstartup-notification0-dev
Package libstartup-notification0-dev has broken dep on libstartup-notification0
  Considering libstartup-notification0 135 as a solution to
libstartup-notification0-dev 9999
Investigating libedataserver1.2-dev
Package libedataserver1.2-dev has broken dep on libsoup2.4-dev
  Considering libsoup2.4-dev 2 as a solution to libedataserver1.2-dev 4
  Holding Back libedataserver1.2-dev rather than change libsoup2.4-dev
Investigating libebook1.2-dev
Package libebook1.2-dev has broken dep on libedataserver1.2-dev
  Considering libedataserver1.2-dev 4 as a solution to libebook1.2-dev 10001
    Reinst Failed early because of libsoup2.4-1
    Reinst Failed because of libsoup2.4-dev
  Considering libedataserver1.2-dev 4 as a solution to libebook1.2-dev 10001
Investigating libcamel1.2-dev
Package libcamel1.2-dev has broken dep on libedataserver1.2-dev
  Considering libedataserver1.2-dev 4 as a solution to libcamel1.2-dev 9999
  Considering libedataserver1.2-dev 4 as a solution to libcamel1.2-dev 9999
Investigating libstartup-notification0-dev
Package libstartup-notification0-dev has broken dep on libstartup-notification0
  Considering libstartup-notification0 135 as a solution to
libstartup-notification0-dev 9999
Investigating libedata-book1.2-dev
Package libedata-book1.2-dev has broken dep on libedataserver1.2-dev
  Considering libedataserver1.2-dev 4 as a solution to libedata-book1.2-dev 9999
  Considering libedataserver1.2-dev 4 as a solution to libedata-book1.2-dev 9999
Done
E: Build-dependencies for pidgin could not be satisfied.
sin...@sindhu-eee:~$

What do I do? Is it a must for me to do a apt-get build dep in order to
continue/do plugin development for pidgin? I have already installed pidgin-dev,
just that building from source (./configure) it's asking me to disable a lot of
things and after

./configure  --disable-screensaver --disable-startup-notification
--disable-gtkspell --disable-gstreamer --disable-vv

I can't do anything cause it says I need libidn

What do i do?

Pidgin Rocks, which is an answer contact for Pidgin.