Ted,

If understand your comments correctly you aren't chiming in on whether we should switch parsers, just that you would like there to be a published interface of what pig latin syntax trees look like so you could generate them in other tools and then feed them into pig. Is that correct? So whether we switch parsing technologies or not is not of interest to you, only the interfaces we expose?

Alan.