2009/2/17 Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>

> [not commenting on the switch, only on the exposure of AST's] Is that
> correct?

Nearly so.

> So whether we switch parsing technologies or not is not of interest to you,
> only the interfaces we expose?

I would think that switching parsing technologies would encourage creation
of a better AST interface layer which further my goal of getting to the
AST's for other purposes.  I also think that exposing the AST layer would
further your goal of switching parser technology by allowing outsiders to
contribute parsers that you might ultimately like better.

So I do see a linkage and do support switching.

+1 to switching parsers (and thus making switching easier)