Pradeep Kamath commented on PIG-591:
Code review comments
The patch looks good to go with minor observations below:
- System.err.println() message in PgHadoopLogger.warn() seems like a debug
- In EvalFunc.progress() there is:
log.warn("No reporter object provided to UDF " + this.getClass().getName());
Shouldn't this go through the PigLogger?
- If we want warning aggregation in UDF, should the UDF writer create new
entries in PigWarning
(If so, the UDF manual should probably outline this)
- Is there a reason why initialized needs to be volatile in PigMapBase? There
should be only one Map thread in the map() function. If there is a reason for
it to be
volatile, does it apply to PigMapReduce, PigCombiner and POUserFunc as well?
- In POUserFunc.instantiateFunc() should we still set the Reporter and
PigLogger if the
assignments don't actually work and we rely on processinput() for these
- In DefaultAbstractBag warn() should mimic Utf8StorageConvertor
- GruntParser.java has only a whitespace change (the change should be reverted
there were spaces and now there is a tab).
> Error handling phase four
> Key: PIG-591
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-591
> Project: Pig
> Issue Type: Sub-task
> Components: grunt, impl, tools
> Affects Versions: types_branch
> Reporter: Santhosh Srinivasan
> Assignee: Santhosh Srinivasan
> Fix For: types_branch
> Attachments: Error_handling_phase4.patch
> Phase four of the error handling feature will address the warning message
> cleanup and warning message aggregation.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.