On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM, Marcus Comstedt (ACROSS) (Hail
Ilpalazzo!) @ Pike (-) developers forum <10...@lyskom.lysator.liu.se>
wrote:
> Ok.  Then my approach would be to keep things as they are until
> someone comes up with a specific complaint.  :-)  As I said, the box
> drawing stuff is fixed, so feel free to raise a new issue if you find
> something else which is a concrete problem.

Yeah, I agree. Codepages are a mess anyway; as long as there's some
kind of reasonably sane translation done, it's as good as it's going
to be.

> (As a side note, I think you were justified in assuming thick/double
>  lines was a font issue.  There is no semantical difference, so I
>  imagine the only reason why Unicode assigns separate codepoints to
>  them instead of treating them as font variants is for compatibility
>  with some other encoding that has both...)

No idea. To be quite honest, I wasn't even aware of those other
box-drawing characters' existence until I came across this... there's
so much Unicode that it's impossible to see it all.

ChrisA
  • Cod... Marcus Comstedt (ACROSS) (Hail Ilpalazzo!) @ Pike (-) developers forum
    • ... Marcus Comstedt (ACROSS) (Hail Ilpalazzo!) @ Pike (-) developers forum
  • Re:... Marcus Comstedt (ACROSS) (Hail Ilpalazzo!) @ Pike (-) developers forum