On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 5:36 AM, Peter Bortas <bor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Windows build:
>

> https://pike.lysator.liu.se/pub/pike/beta/8.0.162/Pike-v8.0.162-win32-oldli
> bs.msi
>
> I did some work on building newer support libs for Windows, but that
> ended up being 6 hours of mostly frustration. So Nettle, GMP, GTK and
> Freetype are all still versions from 2008 or so. That build will
> probably not be promoted to a real release. Use it at your own
> risk. I'll have another go at that in the coming weeks.

Hmm. I'd like to help out with GTK, at least - the regression against
current stable Pike (which is shipping 2.24.10 in the .msi) is a
problem for me, as I depend at least 2.16 for some features. The last
time I had GTK versioning issues on Windows, I put together this
collection of ready-to-go DLLs:

http://rosuav.com/gtk/

Dropping those files into the pike/bin directory makes GTK2.version()
return 2, 24, 10, but since the module wasn't actually built against
that version, functions like GTK2.Entry()->set_icon_from_stock simply
don't exist. So presumably it'll need to be done at an earlier step in
the build process.

ChrisA
  • Pik... Peter Bortas
    • ... Chris Angelico