Well, that’s a major change from long standing functionality. Making a change
like that in a wholesale fashion represents a backward compatibility and/or
possible stability issue. The shuffler isn’t a free ride (and I’m not sure that
your assertions are always true, based on my recollections when we implemented
its use in Caudium), so it shouldn’t the default mode of operation.

I also don’t think the fact that a Backend has been specified should be the
trigger to use the Shuffler. See my previous comment about backward
compatibility and stability.

The request class to use is easily specified when creating a
Protocols.HTTP.Server so I don’t see the need to risk breaking code in the wild
by modifying the default Request class.

Bill