>It's not that the Request class is supercomplicated.  The code is
>relatively straightforward, so it should be easy to fix if anything comes
>up.

And only months to years later distributions would supply any user
with the fix in a new version of Pike!

While I have not yet had time to look at your changes, on a very
general level I agree with Bill, "we can fix it later" is not a good
argument; with something as prominent as Protocols.HTTP we should
certainly develop the confidence that a change is not going to have
negative impact in the field before considering to include it in a
release.