Von: s...@acts.hu <s...@acts.hu>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2020 21:08
An: Piler User <piler-user@list.acts.hu>
Betreff: Re: Enterprise edition

I'd like to clarify a few things. I'll use the following conventions in this
email to distinguish between the open source and commercial editions of piler:

- 'piler': the open source email archiving project
- 'piler-ee': the commercial, enterprise version of piler

I'm a huge fan of open source projects, and even though I'm working on a paid,
commercial product of piler-ee, I'd like to emphasize that

- I intend to keep piler open source, you have access to the source code
- I won't remove any feature from piler to make piler-ee more attractive
- I won't force you to switch to piler-ee*
- You can use piler for whatever purposes absolutely free of charge

Note that despite piler doesn't have the word 'enterprise' among its
adjectives, it doesn't mean it's a crappy product you shouldn't use it for
company purposes. It's quite the opposite. I believe that piler is a decent
product for a secure email archive (especially if you regularly backup its key
components, but that's a story for another day).

However, I've been looking for ways to monetize the popularity of piler, so
I've decided to fork it, and been working on piler-ee, including commercial
services as well even for piler.

*: check out https://mailpiler.com/ if you are curious what piler-ee offers for
you.

Janos