Looks like my method is practically identical to John Moore's, but since I already put the page together, it's at http://idea.uwosh.edu/nick/tripod/tripodmount.htm

Nick

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 10:56 AM, Nick Dvoracek wrote:

Never used the polaroid kit, but I use my foamcore cameras on a tripod. I put a 1/4 x 20 T-nut through a scrap of wood and attach that to the tripod, and then attach the camera to that with several rubber bands. Taken pictures in some pretty strong winds this way.

I'll try to put some pictures on my web page later today.

Nick