--- Chris Harris <cpharrisph...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'll be teaching a pinhole class, constructing cameras from Quaker oatmeal
> canisters. I'd like to avoid using knives to cut the opening for the
> pinhole.
>
> I've seen suggestions for using a Dremel drill, which I don't own. A trip to
> my local hardware store wasn't helpful; the tool guy said a Dremel wouldn't
> cut a clean hole in cardboard and pointed out the cost of the drill.

You don't really need a clean hole.  I'm assuming that you will be making a
pinhole from pie pan aluminum (or something like that), then affixing it to the
inside of the cannister over the larger hole.  That being the case, I would
think that just about anything would work - perhaps use a pencil to make the
hole, then use sandpaper to smooth the "burrs."

Cheers -

george

=====
Handmade Photographic Images