>     A zone plate focusses like a lens so you should adjust the focus for
>     objects at different distances.  On the other hand, they tend to have
>     large f numbers (like f/32) so they have large depth of field.  They
are
>     also hard to focus because they are so dim.

I congratulate you folks who can focus one of these things through the
viewfinder.  I pulled out my Crown Graphic, slapped on the reflex viewer,
tried focusing on a light source, tried focusing on a subject outside, and I
really couldn't tell any difference except at the extremes.

Maybe if I use a loupe.   Maybe not.