Hi:

An aquarium heater may work provided the volume of water you are using is
fairly large and has been stabilized over a ong period of time, adequately
mixed and covered.  Ie like an aquarium.

Aquarium heaters don't heat water very quickly.  They are designed to hold
a fairly large volume of water at a stable tempurature.  Auariums also
have a circlulating/filtration system that keeps the water moving,
without this the water would be unevenly heated.

See if you could use a presure balanced faucet.  These are becoming
more common - used mostly for bathtubs.  The tubs deliver a fixed rate of
water, the valve controls the mix  of hot and cold water to maintain the
set temperature.  Designed to prevent one from being scalded when somebody
flushes the toilet while you are taking a shower.

Depending on your plumbing situation you may be able to set your water at
100 dg and it may stay there.  Though if someone takes a shower, flushed
the toilet etc, your film could be ruined.

You could try a temperature controlled water bath like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1616174719

Gord

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, William Erickson wrote:

> I'd be a little surprised if an aquarium heater can maintain 100 degrees
> very reliably. In my experience, c-41 developing, especially 35mm, is
> tedious, prone to variation in contrast, probably due to variability in
> agitation rates, and no fun at all.

Gordon J. Holtslander           Dept. of Biology
hol...@duke.usask.ca            112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg    University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433              Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461              Canada  S7N 5E2