On Wednesday 04 February 2009 10:11:49 Ana Guerrero wrote: [snip kdebase legacy]
> It is not a blocker, but I do not see why it needs to wait? Actually it > could be uploaded in any time if the source package name is different (will > need conflcits with current stuff) and people will be able to check their > kde3 stuff/packages work with the legacy packages. > For sure, this will depend heavily on when people working on it considers > it is ready. I just wanted to make sure that we wasn't planinng on waiting on this step before proceeding with the next step. And I agree it depend on the people working on it, but it can come "at any time", before or after going kde desktop. > > Fix the issues that shows and do aggressive package removal from testing > > to get kde4.2 into testing. > > I think here is mostly where we differ, i see you approach is more > agressive than mine and getting it just done in the less time possible. I I'm expecting that we will be blocking quite some testing migration - and the set of packages that needs changes do not differ. Maybe release team (hi marc ;) could tell if they want it fast and more messy or slowly and more quiet. A big chunk of the problematic packages are the ones that uses more of kde than kdelibs (everything that just uses kdelibs kde3 can stay untouched as before) It is a total of around ~50 packages, of these 15 is window decorations and stuff, some have unneded build dependencies on kdebase-dev when they only use kdelibs, some are plugins for kde3 apps and left is only a few apps with their versions in experimental and final, the problematic list: boson tellico taskjuggler (fathi promised to take action, so not that problematic) lurker (wtf?) and a few bugs have been filed already for some other issues. I will send out the full list after a bit of modifications and a bit more research. Or maybe try *urgh* to use a wiki page. > > We will break some packages no matter what way we do it, and I really > > don't think. > > you do not think... what? heh. funny ;) My kmail was doing tricks on me. > I agree we'll break stuff, but it can be minimized. > > > If we could get some dates on when we could do it, I expect both to take > > around a week, I at least would try to clear up big parts of my calendar > > for that week. > > What do you mean here with "both" ? "both" as in the way you describe and in the way I describe, at least where it conflicts. > I do not think it will just take a week, but again I am suggesting a much > more "quiet" strategy here. I just see the quiet, slow strategy as the long and painful approach and thus prefer to get it done with immediately. /Sune -- Man, do you know how may I remove a login? You can never send to the e-mail address for overclocking the LCD operating system on the USB BIOS port of a periferic of the shell. -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
