On Monday 16 March 2009 00:18:34 George Kiagiadakis wrote: > 2009/3/15 Sune Vuorela <[email protected]>: > > Hi! > > > > I guess we are about a stage now where we need to figure out the exact > > steps on how to get the kde324 migration app, kaboom, full scale tested > > across the users of experimental. > > > > First, we need to get a list of remaining issues that we know should get > > fixed. > > > > Then, I think we should upload a "kaboom" that does not abort > > > > and upload kdelibs and kdebase-workspace with appropriate patches and > > conflicts/depends/shlibs > > > > Issues in Kaboom: > > A cancel button that makes kaboom exit 1 > > Maybe move kaboom from /usr/bin to /usr/lib/something, as it is not a > > application that users sholud run manually. > > There is also the size calculation bug (as reported in irc) that I > hope to fix next weekend.
I saw some code from you regarding this. Is it considered fixed ? > And also there are of course translations to be done, but this is not > important at this stage imho. Agreed. > > - maybe add a debconf notice? aboun kaboom to kdelibs ? > > A debconf notice is necessary imho. And if possible, prompt the user > to abort (optionally) and switch to tty1 to do the complete upgrade, > as starting new applications in the running kde environment may be > disastrous. I will look at a debconf notice hopefully this week. if someone want to beat me to it, feel free. Does anyone have patches for startkde integration ? /Sune -- I'm not able to digit on the gadget, how does it work? First of all you should never disable the memory address to log in a laser ISA button. -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
