On Thursday 25 June 2009 00:16:57 Martin Bretschneider wrote: > Since adept is some kind of depreciated (maybe it should be deleted from > Unstable and Testing) there is another solution: PackageKit. It is used > maybe in Ubuntu/Kubuntu and maybe soon in Debian: > http://wiki.debian.org/PackageKit and http://bugs.debian.org/cgi- > bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=468132 . But I do not know anything about the > current status. > > What do you think: Do I have forgotten something? Should I report a bug > against update-notifier-common? Should update-notifier be a suggested > dependency for kde meta packages (but what about the GNOME libs)? Should > there be more work in PackageKit? > > But there should something happen since I do not like the current > situation.
You're completely right. But I guess filing a wishlist bug somewhere isn't going to fix this. This needs a larger front-to-back effort and quite a bit of coding (as opposed to packaging). Make it happen! ;-) -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
