> > Due to the rate of change in unstable, it's not easy at the moment to
> > accurately estimate when we might be able to freeze.  In order to help us
> > keep a clearer picture of which changes still need to occur before we can
> > freeze, we will be introducing a "transition freeze" before the end of this
> > month.  If you have not yet discussed your transition with the Release Team,
> > please ensure that you have done so before May 21st.
> We do have a pending transition: enable users to be able to switch the
> installed jack implementation, although we don't intend to actually
> support more than one.
> So if we want to do this (and I really think we should), we should
> discuss this RSN.
> NB: This mail didn't go to debian-release yet, because I don't consider
> myself qualified to decide on this plan. Comments are more than welcome!

I think we should go for it. The jackd2 package has stabilized with the
latest -13 upload, so we're now ready for breaking things again. ;)

I guess we can also revive the former jackd1 package, so there would
actually be a choice.

Who's going to talk to the release team?


mail: a...@thur.de      http://adi.thur.de      PGP/GPG: key via keyserver

Internet nach 1996 ist ohnehin nur noch verkommerzialisierte Schei├če
                                                        (Christian Anger)

pkg-multimedia-maintainers mailing list

Reply via email to