On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 08:11:38PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote: > Am 08.05.2013 10:41, schrieb Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho: > > Of course, now nm claims I'm not connected, but I think that's a feature, > > not a > > bug, with this arrangement. > > Actually, no. I've added Debian specific patches to track the ifupdown > state in /run/network/ifstate and if eth0=eth0 is listed that, > network-manager should forcefully set the global online state to > connected, even if the device itself is marked as unmanaged. > > What does your /run/network/ifstate contain and nm-tool say?
ajk@teralehti:~$ cat /run/network/ifstate
lo=lo
eth0=eth0
ajk@teralehti:~$ nm-tool
NetworkManager Tool
State: disconnected
- Device: wlan0 ----------------------------------------------------------------
Type: 802.11 WiFi
Driver: ath9k
State: unavailable
Default: no
HW Address: 20:16:D8:B7:57:45
Capabilities:
Wireless Properties
WEP Encryption: yes
WPA Encryption: yes
WPA2 Encryption: yes
Wireless Access Points
- Device: eth0 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Type: Wired
Driver: r8169
State: disconnected
Default: no
HW Address: 00:03:0D:5C:C6:6C
Capabilities:
Carrier Detect: yes
Speed: 100 Mb/s
Wired Properties
Carrier: on
ajk@teralehti:~$
Now, this is funny. The applet offers me a toggle to turn Kiinteä (wired) on.
If I do that, it shows I'm connected but I also have two dhclients again:
ajk@teralehti:~$ nm-tool
NetworkManager Tool
State: connected (global)
- Device: wlan0 ----------------------------------------------------------------
Type: 802.11 WiFi
Driver: ath9k
State: unavailable
Default: no
HW Address: 20:16:D8:B7:57:45
Capabilities:
Wireless Properties
WEP Encryption: yes
WPA Encryption: yes
WPA2 Encryption: yes
Wireless Access Points
- Device: eth0 [Automaattinen, kiinteä] --------------------------------------
Type: Wired
Driver: r8169
State: connected
Default: yes
HW Address: 00:03:0D:5C:C6:6C
Capabilities:
Carrier Detect: yes
Speed: 100 Mb/s
Wired Properties
Carrier: on
IPv4 Settings:
Address: 192.168.1.71
Prefix: 24 (255.255.255.0)
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 192.168.1.1
ajk@teralehti:~$ sudo grep 'type=802-3-ethernet'
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/*
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/Automaattinen,
kiinteä:type=802-3-ethernet
ajk@teralehti:~$ ps ax | grep dhcp
9390 ? Ss 0:00 dhclient -v -pf /run/dhclient.eth0.pid -lf
/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases eth0
9540 ? S 0:00 /sbin/dhclient -d -sf
/usr/lib/NetworkManager/nm-dhcp-client.action -pf /var/run/dhclient-eth0.pid
-lf
/var/lib/NetworkManager/dhclient-38af8c02-9c23-45a2-aeff-36bf65ae0eba-eth0.lease
-cf /var/lib/NetworkManager/dhclient-eth0.conf eth0
9635 pts/0 S+ 0:00 grep dhcp
ajk@teralehti:~$
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho
signature.asc
Description: Digital signature
_______________________________________________ Pkg-utopia-maintainers mailing list [email protected] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-utopia-maintainers
