rikmills added a comment.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kde-gtk-config/blob/master/f/kde-gtk-config.spec

https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/kde-plasma/kde-gtk-config/kde-gtk-config-5.18.3.ebuild

  In D28360#636617 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28360#636617>, @kossebau wrote:

  > Okay, that is quite a few. Though, I wonder why they missed it. The current
addition to RUNTIME dependency was only added post 5.18, right? And no-one told
the  packagers explicitly otherwise by the usual ways (like in release
announcement). They do read the cmake log though, and usually ask for that
listing as RUNTIME dependency.

  To be specific, this has been added as a runtime check in the 5.18 branch
AFTER release of the 5.18.3 tars, so it would only be someone who is doing
stable git builds (CI or otherwise) who would have had build logs flag this up.

  As far as K/Ubuntu is concerned, this has also been added at a point what we
are well past feature freeze for 20.04. Adding a runtime depends/recommends
that draws a new package into the default install AND on the ISO needs a
feature freeze exception application to be made, and since this is not just
that but a persistent runtime daemon, that is doubly so.

  Given that this is ENTIRELY optional, and designed to fix a 'problem' that I
honestly cannot recall any users raising (at all, or) as a significant problem,
then I certainly won't be looking at it until after the 20.04 beta next week,
as there are many more important things to deal with for now.

REPOSITORY
  R99 KDE Gtk Configuration Tool

To: eszlari, gikari
Cc: rikmills, kossebau, ngraham, plasma-devel, Orage, LeGast00n,
The-Feren-OS-Dev, cblack, jraleigh, zachus, fbampaloukas, GB_2, ragreen,
ZrenBot, himcesjf, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas,
apol, ahiemstra, mart