It would need to be moved from playground if kde-workspace was to depend on it.

The procedure I've had to go through is:
 - open a sysadmin request to move repo to kdereview stating you want
to move to review, and the intended final destination
 - post to kde-devel to inform people about the move, explain what it is etc.
 - wait the review period, answering comments, etc.
 - file a new sysadmin request to move to the correct repository.

The wiki page is a bit outdated, it talks about SVN. I think it still applies
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines

This is important:
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Suggested_Review_Criteria

David